We strive to have all your questions answered regarding all things Smart Scooter
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The two wheel self-balancing scooter by Smart Scooter can reach a speed of 20KMH depending on the surface which it is being used. Wear a helmet!
Due to overwhelming demand, after ordering your Smart Scooter, give your order 24-48hrs to be processed. Posting will take from 1 – 2 working days for Melbourne, 3-4 days for Sydney, Queensland, ACT and Adelaide, lastly 4-5 days for Tasmania and Western Australia to arrive. Our team will try its best to expedite the process to get your electric self-balancing scooter.
The electric self-balancing scooter has a very compact footprint. It can be used all over the place very easily on sidewalks, streets and other public places however please check with your local authorities to ensure that it is not illegal to operate your Smart Scooter on public sidewalks. Just be sure to watch out for traffic and pedestrians.
Smart Scooter’s electric self-balancing scooter is IP54 rated which means it can handle dust and splashes of water. We strongly recommend not riding in inclement weather or near puddles.
The two-wheel electric self balancing scooter takes 2 to 3 hours to fully charge. Please do not charge your Smart Scooter for excessive hours (This will enhance battery life).
Although there is not a suspension system, these strong tires are no joke! The self-balancing electric scooter can handle bumps, cracks and other small changes of surface up to 1/2-1 inch very well. We recommend paying close attention to your surroundings & bending your knees, as your knees act as your suspension.
The battery has a range of 20KMH depending on the speed you are travelling. The battery takes 60 to 120 minutes for a full charge and will last for 20 to 25 KMH. This range is dependent on the users weight, road conditions, and temperature. The battery automatically recharges when cruising downhill.
If you receive your two-wheel self-balancing scooter and it is defective, we will kindly issue a replacement. We do not replace for accidental damage so please be careful!
Smart Scooter will only accept return of unused and undamaged products that are returned in the original packaging. Purchaser must follow this return procedure:
- Within seven days after receipt of the Product, Purchaser must email Smart Scoter at email@example.com and request a Return Material
- After Purchaser receives an RMA number from Smart Scooter, Purchaser must return the two wheel electric self balancing scooter to Smart Scooter in an unused, undamaged condition and in the original packaging. The mobility scooter must be delivered back not later than seven days after the RMA is issued.
- Purchaser, as a condition of returning the motorized scooter, must pay Smart Scooter a re-stocking fee equal to 35% of the purchase price for the returned electric self-balancing board. Payment of this fee is due at the time Purchaser obtains the RMA, subject to actual return of the electric scooter in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
- Upon receipt of the returned motorized scooter, Smart Scooter shall inspect the returned two wheel electric scooter to confirm that it is unused and undamaged and in the original packaging. Upon such confirmation, and provided the Purchaser has followed the procedure set forth in this Policy, Smart Scooter shall credit Purchaser for the purchase price less the 35% restocking fee.
- If Purchaser returns 2 wheel electric scooter that is used, damaged, not in the original packaging, or otherwise not in accord with this section, then Smart Scooter shall not issue any credit to electronic scooter and Purchaser shall pay all costs for return shipment of the Product to Purchaser.
Although we have tested several of Smart Scooter’s self-balancing electric scooters in excess of 180Kgs Smart Scooter’s two whee electric scooter can support and is recommended to support up to 150kgs.
Yes, Smart Scooter ships the electric scooters to New Zealand as well.
The Smart Scooter is self-balancing, so even if you don’t have experience with any “balancing sports” such as skateboarding, you will pick it up quickly. The average user is a pro Smart Scooter rider in as little as 15 minutes. We will be posting some training tips to help you get going in less time than that.
A person can ride in a standing or crouching position, propelling themselves by the two electric motorised wheels. It’s easy to learn concept is designed to take you anywhere with hands-free self-balance control and two models to suit all types of users. Lean forward to go forward and back again to stop or go backwards—It couldn’t get any simpler than that! Control the speed you want with your body.
Smart Scooter is designed to provide and easy and almost effortless riding experience. That being said, if you get tired please be sure to step off and take a break.
If you have any questions about placing an order or repairing your Smart Scooter, you may e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call Smart Scooter at their Melbourne headquarters by dialling (03) 9913 5092. Our offices are open Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM
Every time someone steps onto a electric self balancing scooter they are using a product that is produced to Australian safety standards and regulations, offering our customers the trust and security of a local company with 12 months Australia-wide warranty. Our customers deal directly with us in Australia.
All of Smart Scooter’s self-balancing scooters come with a 1-year warranty to protect against manufacturer defects. Any damage incurred by improper usage/negligence would not be covered by the warranty.
If the device is defected and faulty please send the faulty unit back to us, and once we get returning units, we will send replacements to you immediately or provide a refund.
The 1 year warranty is void in the event of:
- Improper repair and refit in other places that are not Smart Scooter ANZ maintenance station or any Smart Scooter ANZ approved repairers.
- Any failure and damage caused by accident and misuse.
- Any failure and damage caused by fall-offs and improper use of the scooter.
- Any failure and damage caused by fire, earthquake, flood, chemical corrodes, lightning strike and other natural disasters.
- Any failure and damage caused by the products are not manufactured by Smart Scooter ANZ.
- Any failure caused by lampblack, dust, water, direct sunlight etc.
- The details of the warranty card is incomplete or altered and removed.
- The serial no. on the product has been removed or altered.
Questions about the Product Warranty should be sent to us at email@example.com
Smart Scooters are VERY durable. We engineered the Smart Scooter to withstand rain, wind, and sand. The mobility scooter by Smart Scooter can handle hard bumps and sharp turns. Note: It is not recommended to intentionally get your Smart Scooter wet.
Simply press the power button and the battery display will signal the Smart Scooter is ready to ride. Smart Scooter’s easy automatic shut down timer will engage in 3 minutes after the rider steps off. Alternatively, you can use the remote control to shut down the Smart Scooter manually.
We appreciate all of the overwhelming interest and support for the Smart Scooter.
Thank you for your continued support.
~ SMART SCOOTER TEAM